Roodkapje is at Delftseplein 39 in Rotterdam, only about 300 metres from Rotterdam Centraal. (Walk past the tram stops and keep going.)
Delicious vegan, vegetarian, and omnivore food available until 2300 at the attached restaurant, Burgertrut.
Night trains normally run from Rotterdam Centraal to major cities in Randstad. Be sure to check the NS website, especially for your journey after the event. International trains are at nsinternational.nl and Google Flights is a good place to start for cheap(er) fares.
Flixbus is another option that includes international destinations. It’s often cheaper. Search several bus and train lines with Wanderu.
Parking is available within walking distance for under €15 for the entire event. Link to Parkopedia.
The area is fairly safe for walking. However, be aware that there are several bars and a biergarten around the corner: You’ll run into them if you walk through the tunnel or down Schiekade. These can be rowdy, as can the bars/restaurants on Stadhuisplein.
There are quite a few full-service hotels and lower-cost options within 2km. Join the Otterdance Information and Coordination Group on Telegram for help.
Here are some lower-cost options. (Otterdance isn’t connected with these businesses and can’t guarantee availability, services, or prices.)
You might be able to get lower prices from a third-party hotel site, although these can cause complications upon check-in etc.. For further guidance, check out Google Travel, Booking.com, or similar.
- King Kong Hostel, 1,3km. It’s on a “party street”, so expect quite a bit of noise.
- Stayokay Hostel, 1,5km. In the famous “Cube houses”!
- Sparks Hostel, 700m. Cheap and close! (Note: No rooms available when we checked on 14 March. 🙁 )
- EasyHotel Rotterdam, 1,1km.
- AO Hostels, 650m. Has both hostel beds and private rooms for 2-4 people.
- King Kong Hostel (1,3km) also has 4- and 6-bed hostel rooms that can be rented out as a whole; call to make sure they don’t have a two-night minimum on the weekends.